|Lesson: Sequencing the Stories’ Events
The Easy-to Read Wonder Tales books are perfect for exercises in sequencing story events.
A book from the Easy-to-Read Wonder Tales series and the copy of the sheet “Sequencing the story’s events” for the story you want the students to work with (download from this page, lower right).
1. Enlarge the sheet “Sequencing the story’s events” and make copies for each group of students.
2. Cut off and discard the numbers column on the sheets copied for students, but keep one copy with numbers intact for yourself.
3. Cut each sheet into separate sentences, then shuffle the sentence strips so that they are in a random order and clip each set of sentences together.
1. Read the chosen story from the book, but do not show the pictures, so the students can visualize the story in their minds.
2. Distribute one set of sentence strips to each group of students.
3. Ask the students in each group to arrange the sentences in the order as they appear in the story.
These materials are free for educational use. Reproduction or distribution for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited.
Easy-To-Read Wonder Tales are published by: